Friday, February 11, 2011

Why do I create art?

My fascination in creating art began in elementary school when I constructed a small rectangular ceramic pot with very uneven etched lines on the side. I then chose a wonderful purple glaze that created subtle hue differences through the etched lines. The ceramic pot, which included a lid, well a hat really since it just sits on top of the box, was chosen to be shown in a display case in the school district office. My wobbly looking purple pot with an odd looking lid chosen for all to see! Well, I can’t imagine no more than a few dozen people had a glance at it but it didn’t matter. I made something out of my imagination with my hands and it turned out beautifully, wonderfully wobbly in all the right proportions. And I’d like to think this little pot, which still sits on an end table in my mom’s living room for over 30 years, symbolizes what motivates me in my art career: possibilities.

This little blog, among the millions of other electronic journals, is my adventure into exploring artistic thoughts through posted writings and visuals to document all the possibilities I come across while creating my art.

DSC02005

No comments:

Post a Comment