Saturday, September 22, 2012

It’s been over a year since I last wrote here and although I feel bad about loosing my way for a bit, I’m excited to be here again to re-establish my creative blog. I just started an online course, “Flying Lessons: Tips + Tricks to Help Your Creative Biz Soar” by Kelly Rae Roberts and after the first week of five I’m thrilled to be back to Artistic Thoughts and Creations and let this be an rebirth of an extension of my art discovery.

My journey of art discovery has not been an easy one. I was easily distracted as I began to collect drawing pencils, charcoal and crayon bits, photography developing tools, ceramic/pottery tools, fabric stashes for quilting, hoarding paper for bookmaking, jewelry beading, fabric dyes and chemicals, and yes, even the fun scrapbooking toys, and in my little studio, a small open space den in my house, I was lost amid all the creative implements pleading for my attention. I felt like I had some sort of creative ADHD where as soon as a project was just about to be completed, I move on to an entirely new project and medium. I was lost in a sea of limitless artistic creativity.

I knew I couldn’t do this forever, believe me, I tried to somehow tie every niche together into some sculptural entity to prove I could utilize everything in my studio but it didn’t work. I needed focus. I needed a concentration. I needed help. I knew I wanted to live a creative life and through a moment of clarity, to be further detailed in another post, and Kelly Rae’s help, I’m happy to say I am on the path to a happier creative life.

Peaceful Autumn Sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment