Saturday, October 20, 2012

EmKay Arts is on Facebook!


I just added a Facebook profile page for EmKay Arts and I find it interesting that given the selections available to choose from, EmKay Arts is listed under the "Arts/Entertainment/Nightlight" theme. Not that these three areas are unrelated, I just find it interesting that my art business can be linked to a person's nightlife.

Arts:
Yes, EmKay Arts is art related through and through. Art has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, as it is ingrained so much in my soul that it will be with me until the day I move on to the next worldly journey. I've dabbled in many mediums, spent many hours in classrooms and studios, and have had several nights of insomnia while my brain cannot seem to shut off the blur of color combinations, potential patterns, and insightful inspirations. My experiments in various art forms have led me to textile designing and I absolutely love the never-ending possibilities that await my explorations.
Untitled
I never get tired of the thrill the dyed results.

Entertainment:
Well, not that I can't find my quilting a form of entertainment for the person looking or using it but I find it thoroughly entertaining to design the quilt, dye the fabrics, cut and piece the quilt top, and then quilt stitch the project to completion. In examining the idea of "entertainment" I dye silk scarves that can make evening outfit to dinner, theater, or even to an art exhibit opening, hopefully mine someday, fun and unique.
Untitled
This cotton circle scarf is a nice way to jazz up a plain sweater.

Nightlife:
And speaking of evening attire, yes, the nightlife can be adorned by silk scarves, but perhaps some might use the silk accessories in the bedroom. This won't be addressed here but feel free to let your wild adult imagination take you on a 10-minute daydream adventure.

...

Untitled
Pretty in pink.

...

Untitled
Blue is always delightful.

...

Untitled
Or perhaps a black silk scarf is best.

...

Has it been 10 minutes yet? More than 10 minutes? Good for you. Anyway, if you're on Facebook, come on by and visit my page. "Like" it if you will, I certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment