Friday, May 13, 2011

Something Better to Come

It’s been a gray week where a thunderstorm came on Monday morning during my commute to work. The drive may have been difficult but I had the courage to face it even though I wanted to stay in bed for a few more hours. As hard as some challenges are, something better will come and in the instance of that thunderstorm, I didn’t need to water my flowers that day. But then my request to spend a few more hours in bed came unexpectedly yesterday while a migraine decided to ruin my day.

I might not always recognize it but something better does come along and when I’m faced with a dilemma in my studio, I need to take this possibility into consideration. For example, I have this (cotton) book cloth I’ve been working on and it’s not cooperating with me, it’s not making me happy.


But if I were to halt every project when I’m not happy, then I have a very big problem. I feel the alterations with the paints have obscured the interesting dyed visuals. I feel I’ll need to make some additions specific to the length/width of the cover when the book has been bound.

Here’s another part of the same fabric without paint.


However, halfway through that last sentence, a brainstorm hit and I have a new idea to experiment with on my next project. Something better will come and it was just a matter of writing out the problem. And this is one of the reasons why I have this online journal; sometimes I just need to get a different perspective and a resolution to my block will turn up.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky enough to found your page, perfect blog title, Artistic thoughts and creation 'coz you really have impressive artworks! I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete