Friday, May 6, 2011

Waiting for the good things to happen

I’m going to share one of my favorite quotes:

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
~Alexander Graham Bell


This quote currently resides in my wallet on a little piece of newspaper I carefully ripped out years ago and it reassures my optimism and confidence in times where I feel nothing good can come in my life. When I registered for a summer conference in February, I was disappointed that I was unable to register for a post-conference workshop with the instructor who taught me surface design. Downhearted and mad at myself that I didn’t register earlier, I changed my plans for that week I had already had vacation time and instead planned on working independently in my studio. A whole week dedicated to the studio! One door closed, one door open.

And then I get an e-mail from the conference saying an opening for the class became available and I snatched that empty spot quickly! So, one door closed but it reopened to my fortunate surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment